Saturday, December 24, 2011

Bird Lover's Special

Hooded Vulture searching for dinner
Hello and Merry Christmas to you all.  As fate would have it, it's raining here today...coming down in buckets...so I didn't go on a morning game drive.  That gave me a little time to put together a blog for those birders who asked me to send some bird images. So this is for you. This is what I learned about taking bird photos...it's tough. Tough to catch them close enough, tough to catch them in the open and not hidden in the vegetation to get a good shot...and also tough to get a clear, sharp image.  But I've managed to muddle my way through a few bird shots...and here they are.
Red-crested Korhaan calling for a mate

A Wahlberg's Eagle
Swainson's Spurfowl
Woodlands Kingfisher

Egyptian Geese

African Fish Eagle
Lilacbreasted Roller

Double-banded Sand Grouse

White-backed Vulture
Red-billed Hornbill

Red-footed Falcon

Grey Heron

European Bee-eater

Cattle Egret
 

Wahlberg's Eagle


Magpie Shrike

Hadeda Ibis

European Swallow
 
Yellow-billed Hornbill
...and now it's time I go clean my camera. I hope you birders enjoyed some of these images...some were sharp, some not so sharp...but I'll keep my camera ready for the next bird that comes within range. I'm wishing you all well and hope you have an excellent 2012.  John

No comments:

Post a Comment